Below are the Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont (GSCP2P) COVID-19 guidelines for troops and Service Units as of August 3, 2021. In the event that you have a question about any gatherings not referenced below, we invite you to view guidance here from the NC Department of Health and Human Services. If your city/county has more restrictive guidelines in place, those should be followed first. If you have specific questions about a Girl Scout event or meeting, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-672-2148.
- There are no capacity limits for inside or outside gatherings.
- Individual family transportation is preferred for any troop or service unit meeting or activity. Carpooling MUST include masks at all times.
- No buffets or shared food at any event or meeting. All food and drink must be individually packaged.
- Community Partner programs must also follow all local COVID guidelines.
- Social distancing and face-covering guidelines MUST be strictly followed. GSCP2P is monitoring guidance and requirements from the CDC, Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA), the American Camp Association (ACA) and the NC Department of Health and Human Services. The state of NC continues to require masks in certain settings, including camps and schools. These are generally settings where many children under 12 years of age are present. We are requiring that masks be worn by both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals indoors at all times and worn outside if social distancing of at least three feet cannot be maintained. Masks MUST be worn whenever Girl Scouts are singing both indoors and outdoors.
Council Shop Guidelines:
o All shops are open. Please wear a face covering (if over 5 years of age) and maintain social distancing while in the shop.
o Council shop hours are Monday – Thursday Noon to 5 p.m. and every second Saturday of the month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pick ups are still available using this Shop Order Form.
o Curbside pickup and online shopping are available for those who can’t wear a mask.
o All customers need to sign in on the daily contact log book located in the shop.
GSCP2P is still requiring that all participants complete a Contact Tracing Log for all Girl Scout meetings and events, which is to be collected and maintained by the troop leader or event leader. All troops and service units that offer in-person programs or meetings must keep a Contact Tracing Log of who attends those events. This log can be downloaded from this post and will be used to assist in contact tracing should we become aware of a positive or presumptive-positive COVID-19 case. Each person who attends the program/meeting must be on this list. If the program/meeting organizer is contacted after the program/meeting, the organizer must immediately contact their Troop Experience Manager and include a copy of this log in the e-mail. The name/identity of the positive or presumptive-positive person cannot be shared. A NEW LOG IS TO BE USED FOR EACH PROGRAM/MEETING.
The COVID attendee screening form must be completed by each individual before a troop does any overnight or troop travel. This form can be downloaded from this post. Leaders should keep these completed forms for at least 12 months. If someone answers yes to any questions, they should not participate in the troop activity. If you have any questions about this form or about an attendee’s responses, please contact your Troop Experience Manager. Service Unit meetings and Girl Scout trainings CAN be held if guidelines can be met. Please keep the Contact Tracing Log for your own records at each meeting or training. Virtual options should be held for those who prefer not to attend in person.
If your troop has a large trip or activity planned, complete the Troop Travel form and stay in touch with your Troop Experience Manager. Guidelines can change quickly, and we want to be able to approve troop program as soon as we can safely are able to.
Virtual Girl Scout programs are still available. Refer to the council online calendar for a full listing of provided programs, including badge and journey workshops, here on our website.