COVID-19 Updates for GSCP2P (as 3.1.22):
Below are the Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont (GSCP2P) COVID-19 guidelines for troops and Service Units as of March 1, 2022. If your city/county has more restrictive guidelines in place, those should be followed first. If you have specific questions about a Girl Scout event or meeting, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 800-672-2148.
There are no capacity limits for inside or outside gatherings.
GSCP2P is monitoring guidance and recommendations from the CDC, Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA), the American Camp Association (ACA), Strong Schools NC and the NC Department of Health and Human Services. If the guidance provided by these or other entities changes, we will review and assess the need to modify this practice.
· If there is a county/municipal, state or federal government order that requires masks in an area for an office, meeting or other events, all participants, staff, visitors, etc. must comply with these orders first.
· Unvaccinated staff members, volunteers, girls and participants are encouraged to wear masks indoors when six feet of social distance cannot be maintained.
· Individual family transportation is preferred for any troop or service unit meeting or activity.
Food and Drinks:
· Shared food is permitted. Gloves are recommended for service.
For Overnight Programs:
· The GSCP2P Health Screening Form must be completed by each individual before a troop does any overnight or troop travel. If you have any questions about this form or about an attendee’s responses, please contact your Troop Experience Manager.
Council Shop Guidelines:
· All shops are open Monday – Thursday Noon to 5 p.m. and every second Saturday of the month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Pick ups are still available using this Shop Order Form.
· Curbside pickup and online shopping are available.
For Girl Scout Troop Meetings/Events:
· Service Unit meetings and Girl Scout trainings CAN be held. Virtual options may be offered for those who prefer not to attend in person.
Community Partner programs must also follow GSCP2P health and safety guidelines.
If your troop has a large trip or activity planned, complete the Troop Travel form and stay in touch with your Troop Experience Manager, as guidelines may change during your planning period.
Virtual Girl Scout programs are still available. Refer to the council online calendar for a full listing of provided programs, including badge and journey workshops, here on our website.
In the event that you have a question about any situations not referenced or would like more information, we invite you to view guidance here from the NC Department of Health and Human Services.