Your weekly updates from Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont
Virtual Badge and Journey Workshops for the Week of August 3
Our virtual badge and Journey workshops have been a tremendous success with our P2P girls as well as our sister Girl Scouts across the nation since March, and we plan to continue to provide these great opportunities. Here is the first look for the programs planned for the week of August 3- so register and save your spot today!
Workshops for the Week of August 3:
- Girl Scout Daisy Cyber Security Series: Basics– Monday, August 3 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.; Safeguard– Wednesday, August 5 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.; Investigator– Friday, August 7 from 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Girl Scout Brownie Snacks Badge: Thursday, August 6 from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Girl Scout Brownie Cyber Series: Basics– Tuesday, August 4 from 11 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Girl Scout Brownie Robotics Series: Programming– Tuesday, August 4 from 2-4 p.m.
- Girl Scout Junior Outdoor Art Explorer: Monday, August 3 from 1-3 p.m.
- Girl Scout Junior Coding Series: Basics– Wednesday, August 5 from 2-4 p.m.
- Girl Scout Junior Product Designer Badge: Monday, August 3 from 3-5 p.m.
- Girl Scout Cadette Screenwriter Badge: Wednesday, August 5 from 3-6 p.m.
July Renewal Bonuses End Friday!
Early Renewal for the 2020-21 membership year ends this Friday, July 31. Renewing your membership now gives you access to lots of great benefits- including virtual badge and Journey workshops, summer camp experiences and our super fun virtual events coming this fall!
Questions or need assistance with membership renewal? Give us a call Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National S’mores Day is August 10
Join us for some fun on National S’mores Day! Special activities will be happening on Facebook at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. that day. Find more details here!
Looking for a Short-Term Volunteer Opportunity?
We are looking for volunteers to help plan and implement our virtual Volunteer Leadership Conference happening August 14-16. This is a short-term commitment helping with event preparations, as well as moderating the day of the conference. Interested? You can sign up online here!
Service Project Helps Girls Become Citizen Scientists
As part of the Girl Scouts Give Back service project, we’re encouraging girls and troops to contribute to important scientific research from home! By becoming citizen scientists, Girl Scouts can help scientists solve some of the big problems facing our planet. Check out the website to learn how to participate in specific citizen science projects offered through the GSUSA partner, SciStarter. These projects are great for girls to do as we continue social distancing throughout our communities. You can also find troop leader instructions so you can help your troop participate!